By using online exam proctoring tools, institutions are able to ensure the credibility of the assessment results. Through the integration between CN Quizzes tool and ProctorEdu, faculty and schools can now monitor students' exam taking behaviors easily. This integration brings together the strengths of both platforms and opens up new opportunities.
About CN LMSCN LMS is the next generation of learning management systems that embed social networking, badging, ePortfolio, learning analytics, and gamification within a single software suite. Unlike the conventional LMS, Social LMS provides a social media look-and-feel type of interface and user experience (UX) design. When students enter into a "social" online course, it is like entering a real classroom space with everyone present to discuss and socialize. Students can feel a sense of community as they and the instructor make posts, (as easy as posting on Facebook and Instagram), and reflect on hundreds of posts and polls written by classmates. This posting concept embedded in the social LMS software offers services supporting the learning activities of the course but, more importantly, for engagement and networking opportunities.
About ProctorEduProctorEdu is a browser solution for online monitoring, recording, and evaluating user behavior throughout online assessments. The product has been providing online proctoring services since 2016 and their mission is to make education more accessible to the students from all over the world.
But first - What Is an Online Exam?An online exam is a term used to describe a modern way of student assessment conducted on a computer, mobile phone, or other device with an internet connection. It is a convenient, more time- and cost-efficient way to test student knowledge in a wide range of fields. Thus, more and more educators tend to implement online exams in place of traditional class-based tests.
An online exam usually implies using a special platform and such elements as a login page, where students enter their username and password; an exam interface, where the examinees view the questions and complete their answers; and a submit button, which sends the completed exam to the instructor.
Online exams stand out with some distinguishing features. Here are the most important of them:
- Diverse structure. Online exams can be delivered in a wide variety of formats, including different types of questions, such as multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, true/false, short answer, etc. This allows for a more customized assessment that can better target the specific test-taker’s skills.
- Automation. Online exams can be automatically graded. They don’t require a human who has to check the answers.
- Flexibility. Online examinations can be taken from any place and at any time, providing both students and educators with greater flexibility.
- Various proctoring solutions. In contrast to a class-based test, which is usually monitored by a live human invigilator, an online exam can be proctored in different ways. The integrity of such an assessment can be ensured by live remote, recorded, and AI-based proctoring software. Each of these solutions comes with a wide range of cutting-edge features, so every educational institution can find the most suitable option for their particular goals.
What Are the Different Ways of Proctoring Online Exams?Live Remote Proctoring: Live remote proctoring implies that an online exam is supervised in real time by a human invigilator through the webcam and microphone of examinees. This type of proctoring is not as flexible as the other two since students have to determine the date and time of the examination, but it fits best for important assessments that may require communication between participants and a proctor.
Recorded Proctoring: Recorded proctoring solutions are based on special software that records and stores the entire examination process, so after the end of the test, a human proctor can review the audio-visual feeds to eliminate any forms of cheating.
AI Proctoring: AI or automated proctoring is a cutting-edge solution that monitors the whole examination process without any human intervention. This type of software involves features of machine learning and human analysis to identify undesirable student activities by analyzing suspicious eye movements, repetitive behavior, irregular heartbeat, etc. If academic cheating is spotted, the software will flag the exam for further review.
Which unique features does ProctorEdu offer?In 7 years of existence, ProctorEdu has come a long way and become a top notch technology. Here are some of the features that they provide:
- Credibility score - an automatic AI-powered assessment of confidence in test results makes tracking exams a human invigilator unnecessary.
- Biometric verification of identity makes sure the same person has started and ended a test and tracks all the interventions by possible helpers. The system also makes sure that the person in the ID document (f.e. passport) and the person in front of the camera is the same person.
- Physiological voice detection detects any whispers and any suspicious noise.
- An option to have 3 video streams of a student: (1) a video from the student's webcam, (2) their screencast and (3) the additional mobile camera in case you also need a video of, for example, the student's desk to see that there was no any banned tools on it while taking the test.
- A second monitor detection.
- Mobile support - students can take tests with proctoring on Android and iOS mobile devices.
- A fully web-based solution, there is no need for test-takers and other users to download anything. And there are very mild technical requirements for using our proctoring too (i.e. internet speed of 256 Kbit/s).
- Can be integrated with any LMS or testing platform.
- For live proctoring - Proctors can communicate with each student via audio, video and text in real time.
- Customizable features to create your perfect test scenario.